Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Bodice - Under Arm Issues

The bodice pattern for the My Life As A.....doll was cut out and made. I followed the instruction in the bodice tutorial I wrote. It fit the doll like the it should in the chest and waist. But under the arm was another story. 
It is too far down for my liking. So we begin to fix the under arm part of the pattern. I drew the pattern onto paper so you can see what we plan on doing. 
The underarm seam allowance will be added to so it will cover more of the bodice and fit closer to the arm. 
First I measured under the arm of the doll. It is 1/4" that needs to be added.
I used some scraps of the tracing pellon and added 1/4" to the underarm seam and blended it in. I started about 1/2" up the arm hole at nothing and redrew the line to the underarm. 
The next muslin is ready to make. 
Happy Doll Sewing................................

No comments:

Post a Comment