Sunday, September 29, 2019

Doll Drawer Decision

The dolly drawers have been shelved as I cannot get them historically correct. Take One is not historically correct for a pioneer girl of the 1850's as they did not use French seams. That would be correct for Anne of Green Gables if the setting was in the early 1900's. Then they would need to be shortened. Take One has been retired, Take Two and Three are in the trash. I'm not unhappy with where I got to but had to shelve them due to the stress they were causing me. I was trying to do something to fit into both the early and late Victorian era. 

Decisions

As the stress was making this project an unhappy one, I decided to have a time out. One reason was to do a bit of organization (once again) and the other reason was to decide where I was going. Historically correct or neatly finished. 
Neatly finished won out so I am working on getting a nice 3 thread serger finish for doll clothes. I need to tweak the tension a bit and work on sewing nicer on the curves. 
There will be a bit of practice at the beginning of each sewing session. 
The outfit I am making will be pioneer girl. I will be using Lumineria's pattern "Carrots" as the dress and pinafore style was worn the 1850's. I have Prairie Girl by the same designer and will do the bonnet and drawers from it. I'm set. The goal is to have neatly served seam finishes with a few couture finishes put in where necessary. The size will fit the American Girl dolls. 
The goal for October is to do the drawers neatly. Yes, they have an elastic waist but I'm fine with that. Neat will be trump. 

Happy Doll Sewing............................

No comments:

Post a Comment