Saturday, May 4, 2024

The Outer Bodice Is Complete

 I am still working on the outer dress. It is coming together faster than I thought it would. The bodice is now finished and has 24 pieces. That was a lot of sewing and a few of the pieces were tiny. I pinned and hand basted a lot of the pieces together so I could sew accurately. When I was done doing the hand sewing, not one raw edge could be seen. 


I am very happy with how it looks when put over the kirtle. 

I still have the eyelets to put in the outer and kirtle bodices. I will do that before I sew the skirt onto the outer bodice. The last item to be made is the front panel that covers the lacing. Then on to the embellishments. Still hoping to have it done by mid May. We wait and see on that. 

What will I do when this is done? I have to make Kit's pyjamas. They will be easy to make. I would love to make her overalls but they may not be made until late summer. I have a quilt to finish, bags to make, and I want to play with pattern design. This means doing Pattern Academy again with a twist. A bit at a time as I want to apply new ideas I have. I am looking forward to playing again when it is too hot to be outside doing yard work. 

At the moment, I am focused on getting this dress completed and enjoying a day or two of sewing something quick and easy. 

Happy Doll Sewing.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment