Wednesday, May 8, 2024

French Darts

Yesterday, I spent my sewing time making a muslin for the French dart. I had 30 minutes to make it in and forgot to take a picture of the fabric pieces with the darts drawn in. 

The bodice fits Kit like the others do and when stacked together, they are the same size. I am pleased with the results. 

I did a bit of research on French darts and found they were used in men's clothing in the 19th century. I found no mention of them in women's clothing at that time. I did find that French darts were popular in women's clothing in the 1950's and 1960's. 

Here is a picture of the three bodices I have made to date. 


The next dart manipulation is moving the dart from the waist to the neckline. I am looking forward to making this one and see how it looks and fits on the doll. 

Happy Doll Sewing........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment