Thursday, May 16, 2024

Renaissance Outfit Completed

 The next sloper I drafted has pleats at the neckline. They start out as dart and then you fold them into pleats. They are tiny and fiddly to make. I think I would take the time to baste them in place prior to sewing a lining or facing on at the neckline. 

I took the pattern upstairs to see if I could make the darts bigger. With only a waist dart it didn't work. I have another book to look at to see if I can do another modification. 

The Renaissance outfit is complete and I am pleased with it. 


I did more crystals on the front panel of the skirt. 

I am in the process of finishing up some shoes for the outfit. I do have them almost done. 

I will try to finish them up in the next week as I am still deciding if I want to add crystals to them. Historically they were plain with a strap and buckle or ribbon closures.

Happy Doll Sewing.............................................................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment