Sunday, May 19, 2024

Renaissance Shoes Completed

 I have been busy getting ready for and having a yard sale yesterday. But before we did the last push on getting ready, I finished the doll's shoes. 

I started out putting very narrow elastic around the soles of the shoes to hide the gap. I was short 1" and spent time thinking where I had more. Found it in the bag of mask elastic. Once put on and dried, I set about decorating the shoes. I chose to make one flower on each shoe using 6 pearls and 1 crystal strung on white silk thread. 

The one shoe looks funny as the toe is a bit crushed. I will play with it now that I have a bit more time. 

They look good with the decorations on the skirt. 

Next up is getting the pattern for the necklace. Before I purchase it, I need to see if I have enough beads to make it. It takes just under 700 seed beads to make the necklace along with 18 pearls (which I have). I will be looking in the bags of beads I have put away before I do anything.

I have started to plan the next outfit. I am moving from the Renaissance period to the Edwardian period. I won't get it started for a couple of days though the pattern is cut out and tape together. 

Happy Doll Sewing.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment