Sunday, June 2, 2024

A Garden Gown For Kit

 The garage sale is done and the garage is cleaned up. Most of the items that weren't sold are put away for next year. We chose not to take part in the yard sale in the 55+ community behind us. Thank goodness as it was cold and miserable yesterday. 

I have not finished the Renaissance era outfit. I still need to make the French headdress and the necklace. I need to get patterns for both of them. 

I did make Lady Lilly's dress by Luv U Bunches (Lady Mary's dress from Downton Abbey). 

I chose a black on white print for the first attempt. The black lace I had refused to cooperate so I had to find a more cooperative lace for the collar. 

The dress still needs white ribbon at the empire waistline. I have the tulle and flowers for the hat. 

I also have pearls for the necklace which I will string on a double strand of silk thread. Mine will be a long necklace. 

I have put doll sewing to one side as I am sewing a bag for a contest. I want it done and out of the house by June 15 so am focusing on it. Right now it is slow going as I am doing the hard parts. Soon it will be easy sewing and done. Then back to finishing the doll outfits. 

Happy Doll Sewing.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment