Thursday, March 31, 2022

Progress On The Top

Love From Lola

The Antheia top is a fairly easy pattern to make once you figure out the front pleats. Yesterday, I read the instructions 3 times before it clicked but I was tired. If you make it, you might just whiz through that step. 

The bottom front bodice went on easily enough but I missed the mark at folding it back. I need to go back and correct that. I need to fold the front a little deeper than I did to get it looking like the picture. I am going to say I was exhausted and missed that part. 

I should have been drinking Coke rather than fizzy water. 

I worked on the back today and it turned out perfect. I didn't take a picture of it as I ran out of time. I have the shoulder seams sewn again perfectly and will now add the back yoke lining tomorrow. 


Tomorrow, I need to fix the front by folding back the bottom piece about 1/2-3/4" and add the back yoke lining. Once that is done, it is the sleeves. 

I am hoping that I can get some royal blue buttons for this top but it remains if I can get somewhere to buy them. If not, I will be using black buttons. 

As I really like this top, I am making it again with a different lace, and a long Edwardian walking skirt in a light blue fabric. I really think this top can be both modern and historical. I'm thinking outside the box or I hope I am. 

Happy Doll Sewing......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment