Monday, March 7, 2022

Boardwalk Boutique Apron Hack

 The apron is done and is cute. 

I did the adjustments to the pattern piece as per the instructions. I didn't shorten it as much as called for and if I make it again I would cut the pattern off for the ruffle length. The top of the apron has a upward curve to it and I would be inclined to make it straight across.

I made my own bias binding for a custom look. I used this bias maker from Clover. The bias in the picture is the width before folding it over. It was a perfect width for the apron.

I followed the instructions after I made the error of adding some horrid trim to the bottom of the apron. I picked it out and started again. 

I took my time attaching the binding. I sewed it on to the back side of the fabric and folded it over to the right side before stitching it down. Top, sides, and then the ties. I sewed on the lace last. 

It is cute but needs to be worn with leggings and a t-shirt. It is modern not historical. 

This apron is for the little girl I sew for dolls. I'm sure her dolls will enjoy wearing it this coming Christmas if she bakes with her Nan. 

Happy Doll Sewing...........................................................

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little apron! :) Glad that bias binding maker works!

    ReplyDelete