Tuesday, March 29, 2022

And the Luck Stopped At The Pleats

 I finally got to sew after a lot time out of the sewing room. I am dealing with the Spousal Unit and have run from good days to bad days and back to good days. Keeping him busy has meant my self care has been on the back burner. 

I got to sew today. I had time after lunch to cut out an outfit and start sewing the skirt. I chose the Liberty Jane pleated skirt which I love. I spent a lot of time getting the pleats in neatly and am thrilled with the results. 

I have to say that my good luck stopped shortly after that. I interfaced the upper top as per the instructions. I drew the fold lines on the interfacing as per the instructions and the lace line to the proper side. My luck stopped there. 

I pinned the lace on right side to right side of fabric but I put the edge of the lace facing the arm hole not towards the center front. I then proceeded to fold the pleats towards the arm hole and not towards the center front. It looks cute but is totally wrong. 

So, lucky me, gets to pick it all apart tomorrow and start again drawing lines, basting on the lace correctly and pressing it well before basting it down well. I will put a copy of the instructions on to the laptop in the sewing room. 

Happy Doll Sewing......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment