Tuesday, March 22, 2022

A New Basic Dress

 I finished with the gingerbread fabric and there was just enough fabric left over to make 2 potholders. 

It was time to make a doll's dress to go with a sweater and hat I made. The sweater has pinks, yellow, aqua, and white in it so I chose a polka dot fabric from the doll's stash. It is white with tiny aqua dots on it. I bought it 5 years ago when I put it on clearance for around $5.00/meter. It is a nice full bodied cotton and perfect for Keepers Dolly Duds' Church Bazaar dress. 

The dress is a lovely basic pattern that has a lined sleeveless bodice and a skirt that has 2 pleats in the front and is lightly gathered. 

I was able to get the skirt and bodice ready to sew together which was a feat unto itself. The Spousal Unit wanted to finish his puzzle and I was voluntold to help. Thank goodness the pattern has basic sewing techniques. 

I put the sweater set beside the dress and I feel it is perfection. 

Perfect for a church bazaar. I'll show it on the model when it's done. 

Happy Doll Sewing...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment