Thursday, March 3, 2022

Pattern Hack (Once Again)

 In February I made historical bloomers using Oh Sew Kat's Boardwalk Boutique pattern. This month I made the pattern as shown in one of the ways it can be made as sold. 

This extremely cute well fitting pattern brought about some discussion on making the top into a dress. That lead me to look at Oh Sew Kat's hacks. There are 10 of them for this pattern and you can find them part way down the page. The hacks make this a very versatile pattern. 

One of the hacks I am taken with is the apron. I have fabric left over from this month's quilting project and will make it. But, I looked at another hack and there are the cutest Christmas outfits using the pattern. I see the gingerbread outfit in the making later on as I need to get the fabric for it. I also see making the ruffled halter dress as I have lots of fabric that needs sewing up.

Once again, I really enjoyed sewing this pattern and looking at future ideas. It is great to see how this designer works with her patterns and shares her ideas. And I enjoy sewing them between more difficult historical patterns which I also enjoy making. I call this balancing my sewing. 

Happy Doll Sewing.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment