Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Swedish Doll's Outfit Completed

 I finished my version of the outfit I saw in Sweden. It was a very difficult dress to make with godets and ruffles that met at the top of the godets. It took me many tries to get them looking good. Perfect was not accomplished. When I was happy, I finished the dress in good time. 


I enjoyed hand sewing the bias facings around the neck and arms. When done, I admired it and remembered that day I saw the little girl at the soccer game. 

I hunted for the wooden buttons and the store has discontinued them. I found 3 in the stash and sewed them on the sweater to go with this outfit. The little girl had on a navy sweater with cables down the front. Mine has a textured stitch as I could not find a pattern with cables using the size wool I had. 

I have started the Colonial Williamsburg outfit. I am using a homespun fabric and it frays. I have to handle it carefully. The back seam is curved so I did a Hong Kong finish on it. The hem was serged. I hand sewed the waistband down and it is done to the snap on the waistband. 

I am ready to begin the top which is a solid green. I know I can't sew for hours on it as I will handle it too roughly when my stress level goes up. 

My goal when I have to stop sewing the top, is to start going through the doll's fabric stash. I need to see if I can empty one tub for the doll quilts I am making. I have no where to store them so this is my solution. 

I have a piece of flannel ready to cut out a pair of pyjamas for one doll. They are going on to my to do list for this month as I need to get ready to cut out more projects. I may also add a top pattern that I want to cut on the straight of grain first and then on the bias. 

Happy Doll Sewing............................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment