Thursday, October 10, 2024

Working On The Caraco Jacket

 I worked on the Caraco jacket yesterday. I am ready to start on the sleeves. I folded the front extensions back to show the lace. I added the snap placket to the front so I can snap it up and use the lace as a decoration. 


The fabric frays and I have to use a light hand. Once I got the lining prepped, I stopped for the day. I knew I was done.

I did haul out two tubs of the doll's fabric. I wanted to get them consolidated into one tub. Each piece of fabric was taken out and petted. I felt the emotional attachment to the fabrics which is not what I wanted. I wanted ideas floating in my head of what I could use the fabrics for. 

I did leave out 3 fat quarters to make piping for daughter. I sew fat quarters only if I have 2. These are singles. 

Another piece that is a meter in length will be used to line a bag or two. The rest was put back into one tub. 

The emotional ties to this fabric is not one of guilt. It is one of what projects I was going to make out of them. None of those project have materialized nor will many of them happen. This morning, I had one stern talk with myself about letting go of the ideas/projects I had intended to make. Made a bit of progress. I will need a couple of more stern talks to get sew a lot of that fabric. 

While having a talk with myself about the fabric, I also talked about the patterns I have. No, they aren't being purged but they need to become a focus for sewing down the doll's fabric. I can sew up some easy patterns between the harder patterns. I will start with a couple of easy ones. 

With that in mind, I have decided to take one piece of blue dotted fabric and cut out a simple skirt, add a bit of lace to it and knit a sweater to make an outfit. This can be for one of the doll's wardrobe. I will be cutting it out as soon as I finish the jacket I am working on. 

I have also got out a piece of flannel and a pyjama pattern to start sewing pyjamas for the dolls. I seem to have less emotional attachment to the tub of flannel as this was an easy decision to make when I went through that tub a while ago. The pattern is easy to make and will be one I will use for the majority of the pyjamas. 

One piece of the fabric will become a future project. I am going to sew a rabbit and the fabric can become a dress for her to wear. It is sage green with small white daisies on it. Perfect for a rabbit to wear. The left over fabric can be something for the dolls. 

I know there will be some stumbling blocks while sewing down the doll's fabrics. I am trying to sew down the main stash. As it is visible I sew it first. The doll's fabric is stored in the closet so I need to visit those tubs each time I cut out projects and include one to two projects to sew up. 

Happy Doll Sewing.........................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment