Monday, October 14, 2024

Colonial Willamsburg Outfit Finished

The Colonial Williamsburg outfit is done. 

The pattern was well drafted. The instructions were good but I did question how to sew the sleeve seams. I may do that different if I sew the pattern again. 

My choice of fabric was not the best. The homespun frayed if handled not handled with a delicate hand. If I felt the least bit stressed with what I was doing, I had to stop as I could see the fabric fraying under my fingers. 

One of the features I loved was the pleats in the jacket. I didn't press them hard as I wanted soft pleats. 


There are pleats at the side seams also. Overall, I am thrilled with the outfit and it will probably become part of Addy's wardrobe. 

My next two projects are planned. The simple skirt is cut out and the pyjamas are ready to pin onto the fabric and cut out.

I am still talking to myself to sew up the doll's fabric. I need to let go of the old ideas and plans I had and sew to make items for the dolls. I also need to have a lot less fabric in the stash. I am working on it with a plan to sew 2 items each month for the dolls. 

Happy Doll Sewing...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment