Sunday, August 11, 2024

Projects Completed In July

 I have been a long time posting as I was getting sewing projects completed or to a certain point before leaving for Sweden on July 26th. Unfortunately this blog got neglected due to time restraints. We had 3 weeks to get ready to leave. 

Orange Blossom

The Orange Blossom outfit got finished and I have to say it is cute and modern. The dress presented some problems for me as my brain did not like the instructions for gathering the neckline. I figured out how I would do it after I had the dress completed. The hat was a pattern that I got free (now being sold) and it was an easy sew. The leggings are not perfect as the fabric is thinner than what I use and I had to relearn how I sew with knits. The shoes went together nicely for me. In the end, I was pleased with the results. 


I may make the dress for the Gotz dolls as I have it in their size also. I will make the body of the dress a bit longer if I choose not to make leggings. 

French Hood

I wanted to make a French hood to go with the Renaissance outfit and squeezed it into my makes. The pattern is Read Creations and a nice pattern. I machine sewed the trim onto the hood and if I make it again, I will hand sew it on. I found some more Jonquil rhinestones that I used on the trim. 

I have enough crystals to finish the part that only has the strings of crystals on it. I would like to do a row of crystals at the bottom of it. 

It needs a bit of bling added to it. 

Sweater and Skirt 

I knit a sweater and hat from a pattern I tested. I wanted to make an outfit that would go with the mini Nova Scotia plaid in my stash. The knitting was easy to do. The skirt took a long time to make. I was very careful to have the pleats in as perfectly as possible. 

It turned out exactly as I had envisioned it to look. 

Next Projects

Once I recover from my trip, I have several projects to make for the dolls. 

    *Colonial Williamsburg dress using the newest Keepers Dolly Duds pattern. I will search through the doll's stash before I buy the fabric. 

    *Strawberry Shortcake outfit. I am using an Acorn and Thimbles pattern for this outfit. The under dress will be light with strawberries on it and the outer dress will be a red strawberry seed print. 

    *Dress in natural linen colour print that is similar to this dress

And in this fabric.

I also want to knit a navy sweater to go with it. I saw a little girl wearing something similar to this at a soccer game in Halmstad. 

Sewing With Cinnamon

The project this month is back to school. The first project was a back pack. This week it will be about vintage flair to some of the school looks. I look forward to seeing what it will be about. I may make an outfit using her ideas. 


My goal is to cut out two outfits soon and then sew them while I work on quilting projects that need to be completed. Then I will cut out two more outfits and work on them while I start another quilt. It will take a bit of time as I need to start harvesting the garden. Today is day 2 of recovering from my trip. I know I will be tired later today as I adjust to my time zone.

Happy Doll Sewing........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment