Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Finished Projects and New Ones Planned

 I finally finished the Lady Lilly's (or Lady Mary's) outfit. Gluing the flowers onto the hat was a big job as they kept falling off. I finally succeeded in getting it done. 

The palazzo pants were sewn and I need to sew on one more snap so the back opening stays closed. 

The cotton is a bit crisp but they work. The pattern needs a bit of tweaking but I am not sure if I will do it. I think pleats are needed at the waist. 


I am very happy with my first try at drafting these pants. I do have the top drafted and ready to make. Hopefully today. 

I have started to think about the next outfit I want to make. It is the Joy Dress by Doll Joy. It has been on my list to make for a while. I am going to do a Strawberry Shortcake character rendition of how I think she would look like today. 

I picked up 2 pieces of fabric yesterday and need to think about what else I need. I have white lace and may do like one of the testers and add a row of lace onto the dress above the ruffle. I may scrap the orange floss and replace it with white or do a mix of white and orange. 

We are coming to the end of mixing prints and next month will be making a historical dress using a Doll Dud's pattern. I am going to buy fabric for it and make an old fashion rendition using Strawberry Shortcake as my starting point. I can get strawberry fabric at the quilt shop which will make for a fun project. 

Happy Doll Sewing.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment