Monday, August 12, 2024

Strawberry Shortcake Outfit Begun

 I have started on the Strawberry Shortcake outfit. It is my take on how I feel she would dress as a child in our era. This how she looked in the 1980's. 

I decided to use a pattern that has an underdress which shows a tiny bit at the neckline and below the hem of the overdress. 


I started out making the underdress. I finished the bodice to the buttonholes. 


I had no issues getting this part done. The instructions were straight forward and I did my own twist to how I sew a lined top. It fits the doll well. 

I dug out Kit's greet shoes as they are red. 

My question is - would Strawberry Shortcake wear these shoes or white sneakers with the outfit. I will mull over that as I work on the outfit. 

I need to cut out the overdress as I need to know how much more fabric I need to make the hat. I know I am going to be short of both fabrics for it. 

I am thinking of expanding one of the Gotz doll's overalls to include a shirt to replicate this picture of Strawberry Shortcake. 

I have the overalls in navy. I would need to think about the top. Would I do a red top or go for yellow? I can make a big floppy hat and look for a strawberry button (I saw one in Halmstad). I will look for the button and ribbon before I decide what I will do. The quilt shop has lots of the strawberry fabrics and they have a nice collection of yellow prints that would work well. 

Today I need to get the overdress cut out, look for fabric for the Colonial Williamsburg dress and make a list of what I need to buy. Tomorrow I am going to the quilt shop to get the linen coloured fabric and what I need for the hat. I will snoop around looking at the yellow fabrics and make some decisions. 

These dresses will be made over time as I have 2 quilts to finish. I want them done by the end of the month as I need to start another quilt in September. I will be sewing both quilts and doll clothes for quite a while. 

Happy Doll Sewing.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment