Friday, June 7, 2024

Next Project Planned

 I haven't looked at the Lady Lilly Dress other than find and prep the ribbon for the waist. I have been too busy making a bag for a contest to help out a quilt shop. Once done, I will get back to finishing the dress and hat. 

This month Sewing with Cinnamon is about matching prints to get a pleasant look. I have done this before in several outfits I have made. Print with stripe has been my favourite.  

I am wanting to try doing something a bit different this time. I have an idea in mind and could buy the fabric for it. I am going to start with a jacket I have already made. 

There is a tiny bit of pale blue in the print which may become the blouse fabric. The skirt will be either in the pink or green. Either way, I need something that goes well with the print. 

I am going to make a sleeveless top with pin tucks down the front. It won't be seen when the jacket is closed but will be part of the outfit. 

I was going to make an Edwardian skirt to go with the jacket but it was suggested I make palazzo pants. I will take the pant slopers and cut and slash the pattern to make the legs wider. I am thinking about 1.5" in total. I am using this video to help me. 

I will be starting this outfit once I have finished the bag and the hat. It is pushing me to do more sewing daily so I can start working on it. I am allowing myself to buy less than a meter of fabric for it. When I take the bag up to the quilt shop, I will buy the fabric. 

Happy Doll Sewing............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment