Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Gussets Are Sewn In and Fabric Found

 Progress has been made on the doll's chemise (hemd). I allocated time to get the gussets in. I spent quite a bit of time making sure the seams were drawn in so I could do a good match job, I managed to sew up one seam wrong and have half a gusset showing. After a good laugh, I fixed it. 

The second gusset went in much easier and I just need to sew the underarm and side seam. I ran out of time as I had to work on another project. 

I did look in the doll's stash for fabric and trim. I did find fabric I had forgotten about. Satin that looks like silk on the wrong side. This was left over from a rodeo queen top I made in 2011. Underneath it was overlay fabric I had bought and never used. I must have bought it for a top that never materialized. 

Ideas were forming very quickly in my head. I am going to cut out the piece that is lying flat and use it. The flowers on each side of the center will be trimmed off. The center piece will be at the bottom of the dress with the flowers above it. All will be hand appliquéd onto the satin. I will dig out hot fix rhinestones and add them to the front along with the neckline. I am thinking yellow and clear stones. 

I am still waiting to see if the pattern will be offered for the course or if I have to buy it. I am okay waiting as I have to finish the chemise. The goal is to have it done by Sunday afternoon. 

Today, I would like to get the remaining seams sewn and the pleats pulled ready to smock. It all depends on how I feel after having an osteopathy treatment this morning. Some days I am fine, others I have to apply heat which requires me to sit. I may take Tylenol when I get home to see if I can sew this afternoon and apply heat when I have to hand sew the binding on the quilt. I will keep you posted. 

Happy Doll Sewing......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment