Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Ready To Finish the Doll's Chemise

 The neckline to the doll's chemise is finished.

The sleeves were hemmed and pleated. 

I put it aside while I finished up a quilt. I am ready to start again as it is time to get this finished and the dress started. I will keep you updated as I work on the chemise.

The dress we are to make in April is another labour intensive project. The dress is suppose to be done in a solid fabric as prints were nonexistent in the Renaissance era. Prints were hand embroidered onto the fabric. My fabric choice is a print so I am thinking how I want to do the dress. 

The skirt front is suppose to be either "pinked" or hand embroidered. Pinked is cutting small slits on the bias so the lining will show through. The hand embroidery is shown using gold floss. No to both of these. My thoughts are:

    * Cross hatch the front of the skirt and apply hot fix rhinestones where the lines cross. 

    *Machine embroider a strip down the front of the skirt using a design I have on hand. I can add hot fix rhinestones to the dress.

    *Hand appliqué lace to the front of the skirt. I would have to think about this long and hard as I dig in the doll's stash. 

At the moment, all I can do is think and look at what I have in the stash. I know I will not finish this project until late May as I will be working on other projects in the sewing room and outside in the yard. 

Happy Doll Sewing.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment