Thursday, April 25, 2024

Renaissance Era Gown

 I have been remiss on posting a picture of the finish hemd. I was so happy to have it done and then got side tracked to do another project for daughter. 

The smocking on the hemd was time consuming. Add to it I chose to do the wrong stitches, it took longer than anticipated. In actual fact, I made a mistake on the sleeves but I like the look and won't be fixing it. 

I doubt if I will make this pattern again. In actual fact, I put the pattern into recycling. This is a once made outfit. 

The dress has been started. The kirtle (underdress) skirt is ready to have the cartridge pleats gathered. 

The front of the kirtle is the wrong side of satin I've had in the stash for 10 years or more. The back of the skirt (and all lining pieces) are from a cotton print that matches the satin to perfection. 

I have started the kirtle bodice front. I was a bit confused to start with but got it figured out. The outer fabric has been marked for the boning channels and is pinned to interfaced lining fabric. 

Once that is sewn, I can then sew rows of padding stitching to the front. Then I can move on to finishing the bodice. A lot of work for such a tiny item. 

I will try to keep you posted on the progress of this outfit. I have 5 weeks to finish it in and it will take that long. There is an enormous amount of hand sewing on this part of the outfit. Repeat for the gown that goes over it. 

Happy Doll Sewing....................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment