Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Strawberry Shortcake Is Finished

 Strawberry Shortcake's outfit is completed. The outer dress was very fiddly to sew. I pinned and hand basted the fiddly parts before sewing them. I didn't want to deal with a pile of pins which usually fall out or poke me when sewing in tight spaces. It worked well. 

I was worried about the button holes but they went in beautifully. Though the buttons are a bit big, the colour is perfect for the dress. 


I have to say the pattern is well drafted and fits the doll perfectly. I did not put the darts into the back bodice as this doll is chunky. The instructions are well written but some of the pictures are hard to decipher as the fabric used matches so well it is hard to see the pieces. But I figured it out. 

I made the petal hat again for the outfit. It is an easy sew but care needs to be taken to make sure all the seams line up at the top. I chose the strawberry fabric for the lining as it frames the doll's face. 

The next two outfits are chosen to be made. One is the Colonial Williamsburg and the other is the little outfit I saw in Sweden. They will be started once I finish projects I have on my to-do list. They are cut out ready for me to sew. 

I also want to do my take on Strawberry Shortcake using one of the Gotz doll's and a pair of overalls I made a few years ago. I am still thinking about the top. Yellow, the red print I have lots of. The red print would be the best as I can use up the fabric I have on hand. 

The next Strawberry Shortcake character I want to make later on is Blueberry Muffin. I have started to collect pictures and have fabric in the doll's stash to use. I have no idea what pattern I will use for that outfit. It is still coming together in my mind. 

Happy Doll Sewing...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment