Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Hollywood Tracksuit A Success

 The Hollywood tracksuit was completed yesterday afternoon. I learned a few new things when making this outfit. 

    Basting tape is great to hold small pieces in place for more accurate sewing. Though 1/8" tape is recommended, the 1/4" tape worked well for me. It was all I had on hand. 

    Sewing in separating zippers is easy once you know what to do. I use to hate putting them in as I couldn't sew the bottom plastic piece in place. The instructions showed to use the small holes in that plastic piece and hand sew the bottom of the zipper in place. Leave long threads and use them to hand sew that bit in place. 

    Leave the zipper long until you add the hood/collar/facing to the neckline. I back stitched over the zipper tape so it was very secure and the cut off the excess zipper. 

    The hood is sewn onto the neckline burrito style and it leaves a lovely finished neckline. 

The jacket went together well though I will use the zipper foot to sew next to the zipper teeth on the hood. The foot I used would not get that close and I have a bit of an overhang. Other than that, all went well. 

The hood is large and will fit over most doll's hair. Just not Julie's as she has a thick wig which is long.

The jacket is cute even if it fits Julie snug. She is happy with it. 

I watched the videos on how to make the gymnastic's mat, the balance bar, and the uneven bars. I don't do accessories but have saved the videos and patterns just in case I decide to make them to give away. 

February is sewing for the Tudor era and I am looking forward to doing those videos and sewing what the pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment