Sunday, January 28, 2024

Track Suit Pants Are A Success

 Yesterday I made the track suit pants. I cut out the three pattern pieces from one leg and part of the other one. I cut out the waistband on the second leg using the rotary cutter. 

Sewing the pants was done carefully. I used basting tape on the pockets so the folded under pieces were held firmly in place when they were top stitched onto the pants. Nice way to get the pockets on easily. 

The pants went together quickly and I did read the instructions several times to make sure I was doing it correctly. I do like how the waistband was added in a circle. Instead of serging the raw edges, I topped stitch the seam down. It worked well. 


These pants fit tight but that could be the fabric I chose. They have very little length stretch. Also Julie is one of my chunkier dolls. Most patterns fit her on the tight side. 

From start to finish it took me about 4 hours to make the pants. Not too bad for the first try. I will be making these again as they are easy to make and smart looking. 

The t-shirt I made 4 - 5 years ago and blinged it up. I have since perfected the pattern to how I like to sew it. 

Next up is the jacket. I hope to cut it out today and start sewing it. I would like to have it ready to install the zipper when I stop for the day. I still have 2 days of sewing left this month. 

Happy Doll Sewing...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment