Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Modern Out Completed

The doll's outfit is completed. It started out with this idea. 

I did a design board which I normally don't do. I usually put everything onto the cutting table and work from there. But this was fun to create and I may do it again. 

The end product was as good as I had visualized it to be. A few things changed along the way which is bound to happen. I made the purse out of fabric as I didn't want to use leather for the first try on that pattern. I'm glad I didn't as it would have been a waste of expensive leather. I added a hat to the mix as I thought it would be a great addition. 

I had a great time sewing up each piece. The end result was like I had envisioned. 

I had issues with the thread coming out of the hems on the gloves. This thread is slippery and if you don't back stitch, it give you fun and games. I decided to use some embroidery thread that is white with a silver thread and back stitch the hems down. Perfect for these gloves. 

The purse is really cute also. I took a picture of it alone to show the rick rack and the button I put on to look like a closure. 

The top was an easy sew until I got to the ties. Then it was hard due to the lack of instructions. But the concept of how the tie works kept me going until I figured it out. 

I have decided that September's sew will be a sweetheart top using the blue flower print and a jean jacket using the blue fabric. This will complete the outfit and challenge me to sew a doll size jean jacket. 

Happy Doll Sewing................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment