Monday, August 14, 2023

A New Outfit Started

 I have started the next outfit for the dolls. It consists of

  • wrap front blouse that has a tie closure
  • simple gathered skirt with waistband
  • silver leather shoes
  • wrist length gloves
  • floppy summer hat

I started the outfit by making the silver leather shoes. I haven't sewn leather for 12 years. It was similar to learning something new though I had a few techniques I knew would work. Teflon foot, longer stitch length and using a pressing cloth when pressing leather.

I did line the shoes as I like the finished look but not a lot of designers line leather shoes. I did add a bit of trim to the soles but would like to use a larger trim the next time. 

The next item I made was wrist length gloves. I used the feet of 2 socks (legs can be tights). With this project I found that using the walking foot fed the knit fabric through nice and even with little to no stretching. When sewing around the pattern piece, I used a small stitch (2.0 on my machine). I did sew slowly and they turned out fine. 

I couldn't find the hat pattern but on the 2nd look it was in its proper envelope. I was able to cut out the skirt and hat lining carefully as I need enough fabric to make the bag lining and a top for another project. The skirt is simply gathered onto a waist band. 

And the hat lining. I did have an extra crown interfacing which I will use. 

The blouse pattern is rough cut and the bag pattern is printed ready to rough cut. I will be cutting out today as it is too wet to work outside. My vision is coming alive as I work on it. 

Happy Doll Sewing.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment