Friday, July 21, 2023

Pioneer Girl Outfit Completed

 The outfit is completed and I am quite pleased with it. It took longer than expected due to the small amounts of fabrics I had. The only large piece left is from the poke bonnet which is being kept for the time being. The rest of the fabric is either gone to a quilt group or in the trash. 

The poke bonnet pattern was a fun make. I put in 1/2" elastic at the back and would put in 1/4 -3/8" elastic if I make it again. 

I also would have liked to have seen a bit more pouf at the top of the bonnet but I'm okay with how it looks. A wonderful pattern that isn't too difficult to make. 

The shoes were cut from scraps of fabric and I'm really proud of them. They fit well and match the dress. 


In all, the outfit is cute and I do like the fabrics I chose or it. Not historically correct but I'm over that for this one. 


The next doll's outfit is planned but I can't start it for a bit. I have to finish the projects I have on the table, prep some bags and then I can start cutting out the fabrics. 

As I hunted for the fabric for the next outfit, I have put 7.3 meters of their stash into the donate pile for the quilting group. I still have way too much fabric for them so am going to work on sewing each of the doll's a new outfit over the next many months. Some will have several pieces and others will have one or two pieces. My goal is to sew up at least 10 meters when I'm done making these new outfits. 

Happy Doll Sewing.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment