Saturday, July 1, 2023

Using Up Fabric Remnants

 With trying to get some fabrics used up, I have spent my time working on them. There is enough fabric left to make a doll's outfit. Not the one I wanted to make but another one. 

Simplicity 9516

I have some of these fabrics left over from the placemats, table runner, bowl cozies, pot holders, and mug rugs I have been working on. 

I have not decided which fabrics will be used where due to the amount I have left. Once I trace the pattern pieces I will know. I am hoping that I will have enough of the bottom fabric to make shoes to go with this outfit. 

All of the fabrics are heavily starched so I need to launder them. Once that is done and I have the last of the placemats binding hand sewn down, I will be ready to start on this outfit. 

I know this pattern has a historical look with the dress and apron that a girl in a small western town or farm would have worn every day. How historically correct it is I am not sure about as I can't find simple dresses that the girls wore. It is too long for sure as girls wore their dresses much shorter than this until they were in their teens. They also wore a poke bonnet vs the hat on the doll. 

I am looking forward to making this outfit with maybe a poke bonnet from another designer. It will use up the remaining fabrics I have and the doll's will love wearing it. I am glad they aren't as fussy as I am. 

Happy Doll Sewing..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment