Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Regency Dress Completed

 It has been a while since I posted. The Regency era dress is complete. It was a delightful sew and I'm thrilled with the outcome. The pattern is one I recommend if you are looking for a Regency dress pattern. Simplicity 9438.

The dress, on its own looks elegant with all the appliques. 

The back of the dress looks perfect with just a row of appliques added to it. 


I lined the skirt of the dress as the satin is light weight and the lining hides the stitching of the appliques. It worked perfectly. 

When the overlay was added, it was gorgeous and I couldn't stop admiring it.

I found a pearl choker I had made and it finished the outfit. When I have made a couple of pairs of shoes, I will make a pair to go with this outfit. I may have to master gloves to be worn with these gowns. I have a pattern for tea length gloves that I can cut from the dress material. I still want to make a parasol which will be a time consuming project. When things are calmer here, it will be put on the list.

I have another Regency era gown in the design stage. It will be a pale blue. I will cut the design from this piece of fabric daughter is sending me. Yes, I will hand applique them onto the skirt. 

I am now working on a summer outfit that is fun. 

Once it is done, I will be making a pair of shoes to go with it. There is enough to make a pair of sandals which will be a fun make. Then I will try to make the shoes to go with the Regency dress. I do know I will have to interface the fabric to make it feel like the weight of quilting cotton. 

Happy Doll Sewing........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment