Saturday, August 27, 2022

First Doll Shoes Made

 Since I last posted, life has been extremely busy and a lot has happened in our household. But, when I had my respite time, I did make the doll shoes. 

The first pair of shoes I made were the Plain Jane shoes by Love U Bunches. I followed her YouTube video on how to put the uppers onto the insole. I learned a lot. 

Pressing is really important to have a professional looking shoe. I pressed the shoes a lot and they look good. 

Putting the upper shoe onto insole needs a lot of attention as I have a bubble in the heel (lining only). 

I followed the instructions for putting the upper on and it worked out well. The next time I am going to follow the written instructions and clip the 1/4" seam. I hope it will allow the seam to lay flatter. 

The sandals were a greater learning curve. Though they went together easily, they are too big for the doll. I am going to have our neighbor cut the insoles and soles down with our dremel. I also was rushing and didn't cut the fabric larger to cover the edge of the insole. Once again, I will snip the edge that is glued to the insole to see if they lay flatter. Instead of just the uppers, there will be the covering for the insoles making it an extra layer thicker.

I am going to make another pair of the Plain Jane shoes so I can get better at attaching the upper to the insole. Then I will make the satin ones to go with the Regency dress I made. 

Happy Doll Sewing.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment