Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Blue and Yellow Wardrobe

The blue and yellow wardrobe is finished. I am pleased with how it turned out. I am only a month late which is good for me.

Picnic Play by Oh Sew Kat

This pattern was sewn first with no apparent issues. I wasn't a big fan of the top as it wasn't fitting as nicely as I had thought it would. It stood away from the neck and shoulders. After some fiddling and putting the top on backwards, I moved the top snap to the point and the fitting issues basically disappeared. I need to replace the star button with a flat yellow one. The shank on the star is too big and thick for a doll's top.

The capri pants fit well and I'm pleased with the results. 

Liberty Jane T-shirt and Leggings

I made these two pieces out of a pair of X-large girls leggings from Walmart. There is enough fabric left for another pair of leggings. 

The top was done using the adaptions I've made to the t-shirt pattern. I added jonquil (yellow) crystals to the neckline for some bling. The capri leggings are a bit long so I need to check the pattern to see if they are the capri length. If so, I will cut off an inch.

I decided to try using Eloflex thread and I had issues with the stitches being too small.

I chose to fiddle with the tension and got it stitching perfectly.

The tension is set at -0.8 and works beautifully. I have three colors of this thread and will use it up and not buy any more. Not worth the price as I can use regular thread and a Microtex needle as effectively. 

I am ready to start making the shoes for this wardrobe. The Plain Jane shoes are cut out ready to sew and glue onto the insoles and soles. I need to read the pattern for the 5th time for sewing the uppers and video once again on how to attach the uppers to the insoles. I am excited and scared at the same time. It is my first foray into making shoes.

Happy Doll Sewing...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment