Saturday, July 13, 2019

Designer's Patterns, Hacks, and Tutorials

It has been a while since I last posted. I've been busy with other things and haven't done any sewing for the dolls. But, it doesn't mean I'm not thinking and designing. And searching the internet. 
On my morning excursion, I looked at Oh Sew Kat. I saw this designer mentioned in a post on Facebook. I am so happy I did and wanted to share her with you. (I have no affiliation with her at all; I discovered her this morning.)

Oh Sew Kat and Her Tutorials and Hacks

This designer has basic patterns that a beginner can make with success. And, what I love about her is her pattern hacks and tutorials. They are graciously shared on her blog. 
When I was looking for her skirt hack/tutorial, I didn't realize her Four Season Skirt pattern is free if you sign up. And, she tells you how to add lace to this skirt that even a beginner can handle. How neat is that.
When I saw the skirt, I knew I wanted to make it to go with some knitted items I have planned. Plain or with lace depending on the season or look. I'm also looking at her Popsicle Top for an easy sleeveless cotton top to go with the skirt and knitted items. 
But what else did I like about her pattern hacks and tutorials? Changing her Sugar and Spice dress into a peplum top. This top goes well over leggings, capris, and her Sixth Grade Skirt pattern. I didn't stop at these two tutorials/hacks. I only chose these two to give you an idea of what is on her blog. 
It is designers like this that make me purchase their patterns. Acquiring one for free is a bonus. I am already thinking about what fabric from the doll's stash I'm going to use. 
Thank you Oh Sew Kat for sharing what you can do with your patterns. 
Happy Doll Sewing................

No comments:

Post a Comment