Monday, May 27, 2019

The Completed Dress

Unfortunately, I did not get the tutorial done for the skirt part of the dress. I had two issues:
  1. The thread on one looper broke and it took three tries to thread the machine to get the tension correct. 
  2. The third row of basting thread did not want to cooperate. It didn't break, but it didn't want to gather nicely. 
In the end and with a lot of careful maneuvering, the dress was finished. Not a picture of what I did. 


In the end, all went together well. I just have to hand stitch the ribbon onto the dress at the side seams. 

Next Dress

The next dress will be made from the same pattern so I will do the skirt portion as a tutorial. Hopefully I can start it tomorrow as I am thinking of doing something a bit different with the bodice. It will be part of the tutorial. 
Happy Doll Sewing.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment