Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Ready To Smock

 If anything can go wrong, look my way. While pulling up the threads on the smocking so I could arrange the pleats nicely, one of the threads broke. It had frayed somehow. I was devastated but recovered from it. I pulled out the threads, pressed the pleats flat, threaded up the pleater, and got the job done on the first try. I am officially ready to start row 1 of smocking. 

I need to look at the instructions and video so I can start on it. I am going to use purple embroidery floss for the smocking as I have purple fabric in the stash for the dress. 

I have been reviewing my plans for the dolls and have to pull up my boot straps and move forward. I was looking back at my posts and I saw that I had stated I would sew from the doll's stash until the end of this year and do another purge. That is still in the books but it made me start thinking about what I need to do to sew down the fabrics I will keep. 

Another thing I had said was I will be giving away some of my dolls this year. I retract that statement as I have a new plan formulating in my mind. Maybe it's an old plan that is resurfacing. I am going to make each of the dolls a wardrobe so that when I decide to give them away they will something a someone can enjoy. I wasn't well planned for doing this but have decided that I need to make a plan and follow through. 

The first doll to get a wardrobe is Kit. I need to go through all the outfits I have made and pull out the ones I have made for her. Once that is done, I want to make some "missing items" and a quilt. I need to get a tub to put all her items into which I will label. It needs to be deep enough for her to go in when I "package" it up. 

When I am happy with Kit's wardrobe and have it in a tub, I will choose another doll and work on her wardrobe. Repeat until all the dolls have a wardrobe. 

I hope to sew one piece a month and knit items between socks and other projects. It is one way to keep busy when I am at home. 

Happy Doll Sewing.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment