Monday, September 25, 2023

Jean Jacket Outfit Completed

 The outfit from scraps is completed. What a journey it was to get the look I was wanting. The last piece to this outfit was the jean jacket. 

The number of pattern pieces was scary. 

I was going to cut them out all at once but decided against that. I cut out the back and sewed it and did it for all the parts of the jacket. It made it so much easier to keep track of all the part. 

I read the pattern several times and watched the video twice. I did not make flat felled seams which added to the amount of top stitching and I had to serge all the seams. I also had to figure out where and how to do all the top stitching. I also hand stitched the cuffs and bottom band down to hide the seam allowances. I sewed on 12 buttons and 6 snaps. I didn't trust myself to make tiny buttonholes after all the work I did on the jacket. 

The pattern fits the doll well. The pieces are well drafted but the seam allowances are a bit deeper than 1/4". I would stick to 1/4" rather than fiddle around with the deeper seams if I make it again. The pattern pieces are on the cutting table waiting to see if I trash them or store them. 

The back looks equally as good as the front for fit. 

There is a piece of the jacket fabric left which I am putting away. I will sew it later when I decide on a pattern which may be jeans. I want to knit a sweater to go with the pants. But right now I need to do some Christmas sewing. 

Since May, I have sewn or knit these outfits for the dolls. Only 7 more outfits and all the dolls will have dressed in something new. Then I will have to repeat the process once again.

Happy Doll Sewing............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment