Tuesday, June 21, 2022

First Three Pieces Are Completed

 The first half of the doll's wardrobe is complete. To recap, I made the Backyard Bibs, a t-shirt, and a sweater with hat. Pictures of the Backyard Bibs is in the previous post. 

T-Shirt

I used the Liberty Jane t-shirt pattern that is free. I've done a tutorial on how I changed the pattern. I posted a 4 part tutorial in May 2021. I used a Micotex needle and laid the fabric out fully to do the neckline and sleeves and tried not to stretch them.

On this version of the t-shirt, I add some hotfix crystals to the neckline. I wanted a bit of glam but not a lot as the jumper covers a lot of the crystals. 

It looks great under the jumper. 


Simply Sweet Sweater

I am a tester for this pattern and it was an easy pattern to make. I could put it down when necessary and not worry about a pattern row being missed. I had to make the sleeves 2 rows longer than called for. 

I added a cat button to the hat (blue eyes to match the blue in the yarn). 

It also goes well with the jumper. 

I bought the leggings and fabric for the next 3 pieces that I hope to sew in July. 


The leggings are an Xlg and I should be able to get a t-shirt and capri out of them. The t-shirt will have yellow crystals on the front. The blue and yellow fabrics will be made in this pattern. 

At the moment, I'm sewing a Regency dress and will report on it when I'm closer to being done. 

Happy Doll Sewing............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment