Sunday, February 26, 2023

Doll Panties

 Doll sewing has come up on the to-do and I am excited to be sewing for them once again. 

This round of doll sewing will be panties and tights. I don't remember the last time I sewed panties for the dolls but it could have been 6 years ago. I remember buying the girl panties and bought the smaller sized ones only to realize that I can get 1 pair of panties out of them with lots of waste. Live and learn. 

When I put the panties on the table to look at what I needed to do, one pair was deconstructed. Bonus. I laid the pattern front onto the front of the fabric ready to pin down. 


This morning I had to find the instructions so I can sew the first pair today. I will be following them as I haven't done this for a while. 

What will I do that is normal?

    Use a smaller sized needle. I am going to try a 70/10 chrome universal needle and if it doesn't work in a test piece, I will change to the same size microtex needle. 

    Use a lightening stitch (tiny zig zag) to stitch the seams and change to a zig zag for the elastic. 

    Use a leader and ender when sewing the seams as I have to have the regular feed dogs and plate in the machine and they love to eat my fabric. 

    Press and trim the seams as I am anal. 

If I do things differently, I will post my changes here. 

When the three pairs of panties are completed, I will be making the tights from socks which will be something completely new for me. 

Happy Doll Sewing.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment