Wednesday, April 27, 2022

One Fabric Two Outfits

I have been working quietly in the sewing room when I have time. I'm pinning and cutting out items right now. It has been slow as I have had to do other things. 

I have 2 pieces of piping cut out which is an easy sew for me. I send it to our daughter so she can hoard it. Really, I send it to her for her western shirts. 

The Antheia top and Edwardian walking skirt are cut out. I have to cut out the interfacing for the top fronts. It is basically ready to sew. I have the serger threaded with white thread so I can start on the skirt. 

The top is still in the designing stage. I will be sewing the lace on the top and am wondering if I will sew clear beads over the stitching line to give it a more finished look and a bit of bling. I don't do a lot of bling on doll clothes so there will be a trial run to see if my idea works. 

When I did my research on Edwardian walking outfits, this pattern is not really historically correct. Edwardian walking outfits had a wool skirt that was more a-line, a plainer shirtwaist, and a jacket. My doll will wear this outfit for a walk around the park and then will go for tea with her friends. 

*******************************************************************

There was enough fabric left to make another dress for the dolls. Tucked in with the Edwardian walking outfit was this Keepers Dolly Duds pattern. 

Keepers Dolly Duds 1914 Frock

I will do the cuffs and collar in white broadcloth and try to trim it with white lace. This will be the second time I've made the pattern as I tested it using a new collar pattern the first time. I still have 1 more version I can sew before I retire this pattern. One day I will make it. 

I am excited to be sewing two historical outfits. I may have enough Victorian/Edwardian outfits to dress all the dolls. Next up will be the Regency era with some modern outfits thrown in for the little girl I sew for. 

Happy Doll Sewing.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment