Thursday, February 11, 2021

Living The Dream - Historical Doll Clothes

 I forgot to show the green dress completed. It is such a delightful dress. 

Using what I learned from making this dress, I tested the Civil War Day Dress for Thimbles and Acorns. I had some issues with the back of the dress not because of the pattern but because of me. I got them fixed and am very happy with this dress. 

Unlike the green dress, the bodice of this dress is lined. I do like lined bodices. Keepers Dolly Duds does not line her dress bodices, something that I will live with.

Both dresses button close which I do like. I'm getting better at making buttonholes. 

As I love sewing historical clothing, another Civil War era dress has been released for testing. It is Amy by Keepers Dolly Duds. She showed it on her Facebook page months ago. Not only I am living my dream of sewing historical clothing, I'm testing the patterns also. 

I will continue to use what I have learned from the other two patterns when making this blouse and skirt. Though the timeline is short (7 days for an intermediate pattern), I hope to do a good job on it. The blouse is like doing the bodice of the other patterns. The skirt is fairly straight forward which is nice and is like the blue dress. I should be able to finish it in good time even with the hand sewing I have to do. 

Do you have favorite patterns you like to make? Does making them several times allow you to become better at how they go together? 

Happy Doll Sewing.............................................

1 comment:

  1. More lovely historical outfits. For some reason that blue one really resonates with me!

    ReplyDelete