Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Emma and Regency Era Clothing

I'm not lost, just busy. I'm learning how to digitize patterns. I really want to do some tiny things for doll clothes. 

Portable Closet

I printed the pattern, cut it out, and taped it together. I then dug into the doll's fabric stash and found a piece of fabric that is not printed properly on the grain. I cut out one portable closet and it sits on the cutting table until March. 

Emma

The trailer for Emma is out to preview. While watching it I noticed that Miranda Hart from Call the Midwife is one of the cast members. I then rewatched it for the costumes. I haven't sewn for this era but have seen patterns for it. This Keepers Dolly Duds pattern would work well as it is from the Regency era. 
Here is a link to see her clothing from the Regency era, when this story was written by Jane Austen. You can see these outfits on the dolls when they were sewn. 
Another link for Regency era clothing is Pemberley Threads. I am amazed at how these patterns would work also. 

Future Thoughts

I may have to try out these patterns and make one or two of them. As I have this pattern, I can start with it. 
Will you be doing any Regency outfits for Emma?
Happy Doll Sewing..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment